I have recently had a bad cold in the past week. A lymph node in my neck was swollen and now a small pea sized one in my groin i think. I'm worried?

Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food.
Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Richard Tholen
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Probably OK, but

If these swollen nodes don't soften and reduce size (they may not go away) as you continue without further colds or infections, then you should be checked.
Swollen lymph nodes accompany colds, sore throats, and any illness, so their presence in and of itself is not a concern. But if they persist or you see more, you should be checked by your doctor as there are worse things that also swell nodes!

In brief: Probably OK, but

Dr. Richard Tholen
Dr. Richard Tholen
Dr. Arnon Rubin