I haven't missed a period yet and I think im pregnant how long should I wait to take a home pregnancy test? And when is the best times to take one?

One week. Your hormone level start elevating after you conceive. A week after your flow is overdue is a good time to check. The levels will be high enough to be detected on the home pregnancy test. Blood work is more sensitive and that can be detected a week after you have conceived.
Period. Doubt pregnancy if periods are normal in timing and duration. Home pregnancy test can help as to timing usually related to periods stopping so now ok.