What other genetic problems might someone have if they have a child with holoprosencephaly?

Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: Maybe none

If I am understanding the question correctly, you're asking if someone who has a child with holoporsencephaly has genetic problems themselves.
As dr ferfuson said, this problem is sometimes associated with genetic problems *in the kid.* children with these types of problems can be born from perfectly normal parents. It just happens. To be sure, parents can get tested if they want.

In brief: Maybe none

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: Multiple

Holoprosencephaly is seen frequently with trisomy 13.
It is also found in partial chromasome deletion syndromes for 11, 13 &18. One of my few cases was an affected fraternal twin that also had 21 trisomy down syndrome (the other twin was normal).

In brief: Multiple