How can I stop my heart from racing?

Avoid stimulants/med. Can reduce risk of heart racing by avoiding caffeine/alcohol/stimulants. If it occurs vagal maneuvers (cold compress to forehead, light pressure on closed eyes, coughing, bearing down (valsalva). If recurrent episodes meds (beta blockers, calcium blockers) may be of help although additional structural information on heart (2d echo) can be helpful in deciding next steps.
Depends. What is your pulse? Do you drink caffeine, when do you feel the racing. See a doctor, get an ekg and thyroid test. Avoid etoh, caffeine and chocolates.