My toddler's top front gums are sore and he has bad breath in the morning. What can I do?

Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: See a dentist

How is his oral hygiene? Has he or she been to a dentist? The sore gums could be due to the front teeth still erupting or cavities.
The bad breath could be due to cavities or not brushing the tongue. See a dentist for a thorough evaluation.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Abel Loredo
Dentistry

In brief: Teething

Two things could be happening.
One, he or she could be teething. Their gums get really sore as their teeth brake through the gums and they tend to salivate a lot and maybe even have a runny nose. Another thing that may be happening is that you may be putting your toddler to bed with a bottle of milk and not brushing the teeth or gums. Bacteria in the mouth grow overnight causing bad breath.

In brief: Teething

Two things could be happening.
Dr. Abel Loredo
Dr. Abel Loredo
Dr. Cindy Juster