How long does a triple bypass last, before you will need some other form of heart surgery?

Dr. Robert Binford
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: It really depends

Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. A bypass surgery does not cure you of coronary artery disese.
You can form new blockages in your arteries or even the bypass grafts. Arterial grafts like mammary arteries tend to last a long time. Vein grafts often last about 7-10 yrs. Have you quit smoking and watched your diet? All of these things are improtant.

In brief: It really depends

Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice

In brief: Personal choice

It depends on the patients compliance with diet, medications, and exercise.
Typically I should last several years, but it is so individual specific according to lifestyle. I recommend close monitoring of such a patient. Wishing you the very best.

In brief: Personal choice

Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Umesh Patel