Just been told I have genetil herpes neither me or partner have had cold sores etc except our daughter could I of contracted it that way im confused?

Genital herpes. Genital herpes is transmitted through sexual contact. One can shed the virus without having an outbreak. You or your partner could have been infected without realizing it, if either of you had an infected partner. Receiving oral sex from someone with herpetic cold sores may also cause genital herpes. Http://www. Cdc. Gov/std/herpes/stdfact-herpes. Htm I hope your daughter is not involved.
Cold sore? It is possible that u have touched u daughter's sore than touched u self.
? Your daughter's virus could get on your hand. You could then touch yourself in the bathroom. It is possible, but not probable. How many other partners in the past?