Is pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency heritable?

Yes. In the most common situation it is inherited in an x-linked pattern, affecting hemizygous males (with one x chromosome) and heterozygous females (two x chromosomes, one with mutation). Less commonly it is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern, in which a mutation must be provided by both the mother and the father of the affected person.
Yes. Pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency is heritable. Some cases are inherited in an autosomal recessive manner meaning that to be affected a person needs to inherit an abnormal gene from both their mother and their father. Other forms are inherited in an x-linked manner. Males may be affected with just one abnormal gene. Females need two. For more information about this consult your own doctor.