What should I know if I am pregnant and I have ibd?

Dr. David Fein
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Continue your diet

Ibd, or "inflammatory bowel disease, " may have no effect on your pregnancy, may actually improve during your pregnancy, or, rarely, worsen during pregnancy.
Check with your OB regarding the prescription medications you may be taking, but continue the fundamentals -- water, fiber, exercise, etc.

In brief: Continue your diet

Dr. David Fein
Dr. David Fein
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

But be sure your ibd is in remission and continue your meds usually for maintenance.
The risk is greater to the fetus if you have a flareup, than the risk of the usual maintenance meds. Discuss with your GI doctor, your ob, and the pediatrician.

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Steven Seres