If I have polyps in my colon, should I have genetic testing to see if I will likely have colon cancer?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on family history of colon polyps, ca, other cancers, e.g. Ovarian, types of kidney ca, , age of affected relatives, your age, number of polyps, types of polyp. Most cases of colon polyps and colon cancer are sporadic (not hereditary). Discuss with your gastroenterologist and primary doc.
Yes. Ask your GI specialist about your risks to have a genetic mutation causing gardner syndrome (dark pigmentation, eye, tooth changes) or lynch syndrome (colon polyps without other physical changes). Gene testing is available for both and if positive, indicates very high risk for recurring colon cancer that often prompts colectomy.