Should I go to my gp or pulmonologist for emphysema management?

GP for routine care. It makes sense to see your gp for most things, but at least once a year see the pulmonologist for assessment and modification of your medical regimen. If you're having frequent flare ups you should see the specialist.
Either. A gp may be very good in controlling mild cases of emphysema, but if the symptoms are not in well control, then it may be beneficial to see a specialist.