Dermatologist prescribe for one week child 0.1%hydrocortisone cream , can we dilute this cream?

In brief: Doubt the need

A fetus floats around in moisture more intense than the best skin creams.
A newborn must acclimate their skin to the dry air around them and our efforts to clean them.By 1 week the effects of pregnancy hormones often begin to produce transient baby acne that self heals with no treatment by the 3rd month. I doubt you need to do anything other than nurture the child & keep it clean.

In brief: Doubt the need

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Will it even work?

Hydrocortisone is the weakest of all topical corticosteroid agents.
It is sold over-the-counter in concentrations 5 to 10 times the potency of the prescription given to your child. I have never heard of a potency so very weak & have to wonder if it will work at all. If you think it still too strong you should try alternative medications first. But your concern may be groundless.

In brief: Will it even work?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Jonathan Jassey