How long does it normally take for a karyotype result to come back?

Dr. Cindy Williams
In brief: Karyotype
That can vary from lab to lab.
Have the doctor check the lab and see if they can give you an estimate. I find the ones that I order can take 2-3 weeks.

In brief: Karyotype
That can vary from lab to lab.
Dr. Cindy Williams
Dr. Cindy Williams
Dr. Golder Wilson
Clinical Genetics
In brief: Routine 2 weeks
A new rapid fish technique can provide selected chromosome study (karyotype) results) in 24 hours if a specific disorder (e.
g., down, turner, trisomy 18 syndrome) is suspected. Routine karyotyping takes a minimum of 7 days (cells must be stimulated and arrested in metaphase) with 2-4 weeks average for reports (due to laboratory processing, etc.).

In brief: Routine 2 weeks
Dr. Golder Wilson
Dr. Golder Wilson
Dr. Keegan Duchicela