I'm diagnosed as sub clinical hypothyroidism very recently.I don't get any medication yet.What are the diets should I take?

Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Nutrient dense foods

Eat foods that are nutrient dense (like meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cheese, low starch vegatables and water) avoid foods that are not nutrient dense (like starches and sugars, including fruit) nutrient dense foods will increase your basal metabolic rate.
On the other hand, starches and sugars impair thyroid metabolism via affects on your liver (which helps activate thyroid hormone).

In brief: Nutrient dense foods

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. David Geffner
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: No diets

85% of subclinical hypothyroidism is due to autoimmune hashimoto's thyroiditis.
No diet will change the 3-4% yearly decline to frank hypothyroidism. In the world i deficiency is the #1 cause of hypothyroidism - but not in the us - so no diet will help.

In brief: No diets

Dr. David Geffner
Dr. David Geffner
Dr. Arnon Rubin