I have been taking Prilosec for about 5 days, now i feel bloating and sharp pains (gas like) in the middle of my stomach, is that a side effect, normal?

Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine

In brief: Probiotics

Reflux is often due to poor digestion which is more often due to insufficient stomach acid than too much.
Giving someone like that an acid suppressor removes the symptoms but does nothing to help the underlying problem. Rule out gluten or casein or other food intolerance. Consider betaine hcl in the middle of the meal or digestive enzymes, and probiotics such as kombucha or kefir.

In brief: Probiotics

Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Adam Smith