Can stress stop you from losing weight? (generalised anxiety disorder)

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Stress & Wt.

Sure.
If under stress, some tend to eat more. Also, consider effects of medications used to treat anxiety, on the wt.

In brief: Stress & Wt.

Sure.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: Stress and gaining w

It depends if u eat more or not and if u r taking any psychotropic medication , since these medication can cause wt gain.

In brief: Stress and gaining w

Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: GAD and weight

I understand your distress.
To cope with symptoms of Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and for feeling overwhelmed, we can eat more and not lose weight: • Too many thoughts racing • Restlessness • Muscle tension • Heart beating fast • Shakiness Discuss with Psychiatrist: • Use of Ativan, Xanax or Klonopin for Anxiety •Therapy for Coping Skills for stress and to become Captain over Anxiety Relaxation

In brief: GAD and weight

I understand your distress.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Arnon Rubin