How accurate is the genetic testing for ovarian cancer?

Very if BRCA mutated. The genes brca1 and brca2 cause breast-ovarian cancer, suspected when women have onset of breast cancer before menopause or when there are several cases of breast/ovarian cancer in a family. Women with a brca mutation have as much as a 50% lifetime risk for ovarian cancer (85% for breast) and often choose prophylactic oophorectomy after positive brca testing since there is no good clinical screen.
Depends. If you test positive for a known mutation, you have an increased lifetime risk of ovarian cancer, 40% for brca and 12% for lynch syndrome. If you test negative for a mutation for which a family member with ovarian cancer was positive, then your risk is not increased. If you test negative but have a strong family history, you are still at increased risk due to other genes not tested.