I got a unknown bruise on my left arm that hurts alittle but i don't remember bumping on anything.. What can be the cause of this bruise?

Dr. Karen Shackelford
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Didn't notice bump

Do you take Aspirin on a regular basis? That often contributes to bruising, as it disables the platelets that enable blood to clot when blood vessels are disrupted after hitting something inadvertently, as when we bruise.
Bruising occasionally and not remembering when we might have bumped the area of the bruise is not an unusual occurrence. If you continue to bruise frequently, see your doctor.

In brief: Didn't notice bump

Dr. Karen Shackelford
Dr. Karen Shackelford