When the doctor went in to take out fluids from the lung the fluid also had blood can it be lung cancer? They also said that there were spots on lungs

Several causes. There are several causes for presence of blood in pleural fluid, cancer being one of them. The procedure itself can sometimes cause slight bleeding which can show up in the fluid. Your doctor will do additional testing (ct scans, biopsy, pleural fluid analysis for cancer cells etc.) depending on the clinical picture to confirm the diagnosis. Talk to you doctor about this.
Many reasons. Blood in the fluid around the lungs (a pleural effusion) can be from many things such as inflammation, infections and cancer. Your physician will send the fluid for analysis to determine why the fluid was present.