Does the generic version of Zoloft (sertraline) work as well as the brand name for panic attacks? Differenent pharmacist have told me different things.

Dr. Randolph Evans
Neurology

In brief: Yes for most people

For most people yes.
The fda demands that generic drugs be 85% to 120% bioavailable compared to the brand name. Most people won't notice the difference and will be happy to pay less but occasional people will notice a difference.

In brief: Yes for most people

For most people yes.
Dr. Randolph Evans
Dr. Randolph Evans
Dr. Mohammed Younus

In brief: It should

Most generics have same ingredients as brand name drugs as companies follow fda guidelines and should work just as good.
Once in a while generic come in short and fda pulls them off the market. As long as its working don't worry about it.

In brief: It should

Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Zoloft (sertraline)

Cheaper by the generic.
I personally have seen no significant difference regarding potency for anxiety.

In brief: Zoloft (sertraline)

Cheaper by the generic.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Eric Weisman