Are there any treatments for angelman's syndrome that help early on?

Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Nothing specific

As far as I am aware there is no specific rx for anglemans s.
Good eval will reveal what symptoms or problems are present and adequate support and guidance, finding optimal educational support, treating sx that cause distress. Appropriate expectations for child's abilities-really no different from any other challenged child. Full eval and comprehensive intervention.

In brief: Nothing specific

Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Dr. Cindy Juster

In brief: Yes!

Angelman's syndrome is a genetic disorder. Children with this condition need to start supportive therapies early to help with language and other delays.
It is also important for parents of a child with this condition to meet with a genetic counselor to determine the risk of having another child with the same condition.

In brief: Yes!

Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster