My aunt has been spitting up phelm for a week and has a cough for two weeks what can help her?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Advise

If it is a viral upper respiratory illness that is improving, so will cough over time although, it tends to linger the longest of all symptoms.
I like to rinse my nose with salt water via neti pot especially if nasal drainage is present. Water mist inhalations (lukewarm only) with eucalyptus oil addition work well for me. An array of over-the-counter cough medications can be tried as well.

In brief: Advise

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Lerraughn Morgan

In brief: Office visit

It is difficult to say without additional information (i.
e. Does she have history of fever or smoking, etc.?). Considering the duration of your aunt's cough and the description, it would be appropriate to see your primary care physician or urgent care office. Thank you.

In brief: Office visit

Lerraughn Morgan
Lerraughn Morgan
Answer assisted by Lerraughn Morgan, Medical Student
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology