I keep getting this pain that starts in my right ring finger and than shoots up to my elbow, what could it be?

Dr. Stephen Rodrigues

In brief: Tendonitis

Not to worry. But your finger is not all you think it is! your ring finger starts at the finger proper and the muscles that control the finger are in your forearm. So the proper therapy for the finger is to treat the fore arm too.
If you wiggle your ring finger and feel your arm you will feel the muscle contracting. Heat stretch and massage the entire finger unit. Give it time and it will heal.

In brief: Tendonitis

Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Aaron Milstone