Will getting surgery for my Crohn's disease help me to be more energetic?

Dr. Johnny Green
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Probably

People with crohn's disease bad enough to get surgery often have a lot of inflammation and poor nutrition due to the intestinal inflammation.
Removing that usually improves bowel function and allows your body to use energy for activity instead of fighting abnormal inflammation.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Johnny Green
Dr. Johnny Green
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: If in remission

Eventually it should but it may take some time to restore your health after the surgery and provided your crohn's remains in remission with medical treatment.

In brief: If in remission

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan