I have several scars (3 on each wrist) from self harm about 2 weeks ago. They have already scarred and are thick and red. Will they fade at all?

Dr. Christopher Scott
Dermatology

In brief: Good news

Red scars are still active, while white scars don't change much.
A doctor can give creams or other treatments to help the appearance. Usually, the thickness will diminish and the redness will resolve with time. Be encouraged. I'm so glad that you are better overall. Life can be terribly difficult.

In brief: Good news

Dr. Christopher Scott
Dr. Christopher Scott
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Surgery - Plastics

In normal healing , red color will subside in about 6 weeks.
The scar tissue itself will mature over a period of about a year tightening and becoming finer. During the "red" phase protect the scars from sunlight with sun screen or clothing to try to prevent darkening.

Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld