How long will appendiceal fistula heal? My dr suggested removing the caecum as he said its fuctioning but not healthy. Anything to make it healthy?

Missing Pieces. Fistulas will often close on their own provided that there is no underlying abscess, nor obstruction, and adequate nutrition. In order to answer this question, we need to know what caused the fistula and if there is any underlying intestinal disease present (ie, inflammatory bowel disease). If you are not satisfied w/your doctor's explanation, seek out a second opinion. Good luck!
Fistula. Based upon your description, surgery is the preferred option. A fistula is an abnormal communication or pathway between parts of the body. The cause of the fistula may be due to chronic appendicitis or other factor. It is unlikely to heal on its own . Infection potentially could develop which could be quite serious .