What do I need to do to prepare before my colonoscopy?

Dr. Stephen Lloyd
In brief: Chose right doctor!
There is a tremendous variation in quality among colonoscopists.
It is now known that the doctors with adr above 20 give you ten times the protection from subsequent colorectal cancer. If the doctor will not divulge their adr as the american collefge of gastroenterology web-site suggests, get a second opinion. Why go through all that for little benefit.

In brief: Chose right doctor!
Dr. Stephen Lloyd
Dr. Stephen Lloyd
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Variable
Usually a clear liquid diet for the 24 hours prior to the procedure and some type of laxative to effectively clean the colon of all stool to allow a thorough and accurate exam. Check with the doctor performing the colonoscopy as to which prep he prefers or recommends.

In brief: Variable
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Adam Smith