What dietary changes can I make to reduce my chances of getting colon cancer in the future?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: High fiber

Less red meat, high fiber, and my preference is to avoid proceesed and smoked meats as well.

In brief: High fiber

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. David Fertel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Decrease red meat

Diets high in red meat is felt to be associated with increased incidence of colon ca.

In brief: Decrease red meat

Dr. David Fertel
Dr. David Fertel
Dr. Eduardo Krajewski
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Changes

Well, there is no hard core scientific evidence that will tell you that a specific kind of a diet will decrease your chances of getting colon cancer in the future.
I do recommend a high fiber, low in red meat diet. Sometimes I also recommend a gluten free diet. I do believe that the cause of colon cancer lies in something environmental that affects ppl that are genetically susceptible.

In brief: Changes

Dr. Eduardo Krajewski
Dr. Eduardo Krajewski
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery