What can I do to make myself go regularly if I have trouble stooling without medication?

Dr. Olaf Johansen
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Fiber fluid excersiz
The main stay to avoid constipation is getting 50 fluid ounces of non alcoholic, non caffeinated liquids a day, 25 grams of fiber and some daily excersise should your constipation persist try some mild laxative.
..Should your symptoms still persist see a colon and rectal surgeon for further work up. Hope this helps.

In brief: Fiber fluid excersiz
Dr. Olaf Johansen
Dr. Olaf Johansen
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: More fluids
More often than not, most people drink inadequate fluids and/or consume excessive amounts of caffeinated drinks.
Caffeine is a diuretic that actually dehydrates you and therefore is not a good fluid to keep your stools soft and passing regularly. I recommend 80 to 100 ounces of non caffeinated/non alcoholic fluid every day, more if you excecise or travel by plane frequently.

In brief: More fluids
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. William Forsythe