Just wondering started Paxil (paroxetine) for my panic attacks 10 mg it's been a week and my heart rate is very rapid when i'm at work . I'm a carpenter?

Dr. Mohammed Younus

In brief: Be patient

It takes two to four weeks for you to see full effects of paxil (paroxetine).
Initial common side effects are some stomach upset and may be head aches, rarely it can cause activation; feel activated, restless and energetic than usual. Perceived heart racing is common in anxiety but if it persists contact your physician.

In brief: Be patient

Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Steven Reidbord

In brief: Possible side effect

While Paxil (paroxetine) is usually not agitating, it occasionally causes paradoxical anxiety or agitation, especially at first.
It's also possible that you are dehydrated; it's generally a good idea to drink lots of water with such medicines, especially if you do physical labor. If the problems persists, consult your prescribing doctor.

In brief: Possible side effect

Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Sophie Duriez
I highly recommend you to be followed by a psychiatrist in case if the dr who prescribed u Paxil is ur primary care physician. Best wishes.
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology