I found out i was pregnant on 11/6. On 11/16 had bright red bleeding. Since then i've had dark brown discharge with small bits of tissue. Miscarriage?

Dr. Edward Jacobs

In brief: Possibly

You must see your ob-gyn for serial beta HCG levels (blood tests) and an ultrasound.
The ultrasound may not show anything yet as you are very early. The sac usually appears around 5 weeks after the last menstrual period onset and a fetal "pole" or echo with a heart beat appears around 6 and 1/2 to 7 weeks. In most normal pregnancies, the beta level doubles about every 3 days.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Edward Jacobs
Dr. Edward Jacobs
Dr. Miguel Cano

In brief: Hard To Tell

I tell patients that it's common to spot or have dark discharge early in pregnancy.
However, i don't consider it normal. Usually we check HCG levels and make sure they're climbing normally. If hormone levels are above 1, 000 i prefer an ultrasound to check the pregnancy. If the hormone levels are doubling every 2 days, this is also reassuring. Take care.

In brief: Hard To Tell

Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Jane Van Dis