Post acne scabs and swelling on face. What steps to take that will relieve pain and unsightly blemishes quickly?

No short answer. If you scars are indeed acne, you should let the scabs heal and see a dermatologist for treatment. The swelling will subside naturally, but sometimes acne leaves pitting scars which need " sanding" or a laser or chemical peel.