I had a abortion at 13 will this stop me from having children?

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Probably not

Most women don't have long-term effects on their fertility from past abortions.
Surgical abortion (d&c), tissue left behind after an abortion, or infection after abortion can cause scar tissue inside the uterus (asherman's syndrome), but this is rare. Get checked out if you try to have kids without success in the future, but don't worry about it if you haven't started trying yet.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Adam Levy
While I mostly agree with the prior doctor, Modern abortion care (a D&C) does not cause scarring of the uterus. Infection---maybe, retained tissue----maybe. Even this is rare. So have faith and dont worry unless you do have problems getting pregnant.

In brief: Not likely

I lived in a country many years ago where the "pill" was not well accepted and termination was a common form of family planning.
Many women would have several, and have no problem having kids when it suited them. If the procedure was done correctly and you did not have complications at the time, I wouldn't worry about it.

In brief: Not likely