What medical care will I need after I have the baby?

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Depends

If c-section, you will need some time to convalesce and let the suture site heal.
If normal vaginal delivery, you may just need some well deserved rest. Good luck.

In brief: Depends

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Postpartum

If you have uncomplicated delivery, you will be seen at 6 weeks after deliver to make sure you have healed up well.
Some docs prefer to see their patients 2 weeks postpartum especially if sutures were placed.

In brief: Postpartum

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: Depends

It depends on what medical problems you have and what problems you developed in pregnancy.
For instance if you develop gestational diabetes than your chances of developing full blown diabetes is 50%.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Shontae Buffington