Do I have to go off concerta 27 prior to surgery with general anasthetic? It's cervical disc cushion and i forgot to ask. Have finals

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: You should ask

Ask the surgeon and the anesthesiologist to obtain the best advice for your particular situation.
Frankly, in my opinion, i think we here at healthtap should not generally make specific recommendations tegarding starting or stopping medication. Good luck.

In brief: You should ask

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Concerta

Please consult the prescribing doctor to make sure.
Good luck with your exams.

In brief: Concerta

Good luck with your exams.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Concerta

Best to consult the surgeon beforehand.

In brief: Concerta

Best to consult the surgeon beforehand.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Probably

Staying off Concerta for a few postoperative days will let you rest better. Then restart after you've convalesced a few days.
Unless its emergency surgery, scheduling it during finals is not a good idea. You won't be yourself for at least a week. Your sleep may be disrupted for a longer time. It's best to schedule elective surgery during vacations.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Vikram Patel