What should I do if I don't feel happy or excited about my baby?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Postpartum

Seek counseling to help explore & work thru possible predisposing factors for feeling that way.
Refer to my previous answer re. Postpartum depression for details.

In brief: Postpartum

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer

In brief: Councilling

Assuming you've made the decision to continue your preg, the sooner you accept and embrace the life inside, the better for you and the baby.
There are a number of support groups and councelor who can assist with the challenges, social, family or economics. If you're unsure why you're not happy, they can help uncover those issues. Good luck.

In brief: Councilling

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. George Klauber
Post-partum depression is common and miserable for you and your family. Please get medical help. You may respond quite quickly to anti-depressants. Support groups are well worth joining
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Get evaluated

What you describe is not uncommon, especially in new mothers who might be depressed.
There are excellent treatments available which could help you with depression. It is very important that you try and obtain some help right away, as you want to be able to attach and bond to your baby in as normal of a way as possible. Interference with the bonding process can lead to problems later on.

In brief: Get evaluated

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Jonathan Jassey