If I get a partial colectomy for my diverticular disease, will I need home nursing care?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care

In brief: Surgery Home Health

Plan ahead with your surgeon and the hospitalist (if possible) to arrange for home health for yourself for wound care, ostomy teaching, and for therapy.
You must be home bound in order to receive this level of care.

In brief: Surgery Home Health

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. David Stein
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Mostly no!

Most patients are candidates for a laparoscopic resection - a minimally invasive approach which has less pain and a quicker recovery.
Patients go home when they can take care of themselves. Some elderly patients, or those who live alone may need some help at home for a week or two, but the vast majority of patients do not need any assistance.

In brief: Mostly no!

Dr. David Stein
Dr. David Stein
Dr. Peter Kurzweil