I have had pain on the outer edge of my left foot for weeksnow. I am waiting for my MRI results. What can I do for the pain? Should i get a boot for it?

In brief: Foot stress fracture

Any time when foot pain doesn't go away in a day or so after icing it, may mean there's a stress fracture.
Were x-rays taken? What did they show? Nonetheless, you should be in a boot for precaution. Take an anti-inflammatory for the pain such as alleve. Seek prifessional help.

In brief: Foot stress fracture

Dr. Corinne Kauderer
Dr. Corinne Kauderer
Dr. Eric Bluman
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

This is a good start.
Immobilization has low risks, is easy to come by and removable if it is not working or uncomfortable. It can also be converted to something else if the diagnosis requires.Contact the provider who ordered the MRI to see how to get one. You may also benefit from some pain medication. Here again discuss this with your md or other provider to get the right formulation for you.

This is a good start.
Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: I am surprised

A doc would send you for an MRI but not offer any treatment before its results.
A cam walker boot is a good idea, as is ice and an oral anti-inflammatory.

In brief: I am surprised

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Vikram Patel