How is it possible that my colon and my uterus have grown a connection?

Dr. Martin Tyson
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Inflammation/tumor

A fistulous connection between these organs would most commonly form as a result of marked inflammation in one of the organs.
This causes the two to stick together, and one erodes into the other. Most commonly this occurs from diverticulitis of the colon, but certainly other inflammatory bowel diseases could be responsible also. The caveat is to rule out a cancer which could also erode.

In brief: Inflammation/tumor

Dr. Martin Tyson
Dr. Martin Tyson
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Colouterine fistula

The most common causes are inflammation (most often from the colon), crohn's disease, and cancers.
Please see a colorectal surgeon as soon as you can.

In brief: Colouterine fistula

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham