I'm treated 4 lupus like disease. Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) controlled flares.But dizziness required constant prednisone.Can methotrexate help with my dizzy spells?

Dr. Arthur Mandelin
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Steroid-sparing

We call Methotrexate a steroid-sparing drug because it can often take the place of Prednisone in the long term. I do agree with the other md who mentioned you need a more specific diagnosis as well.

In brief: Steroid-sparing

Dr. Arthur Mandelin
Dr. Arthur Mandelin
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: It could but

We need a definition of the cause we need a definition pf your dizziness.
Is it in your ear, is it brain? If it is active inflammation? Is it immunologic on etiology? If so methotrexate, CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) , Benlysta may all be possibilities . Your physician can help guide your therapy.

In brief: It could but

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham