Why is it that no-one seems to be able to fix my hbp with the trial of several different medications. I'm now off all because nothing is working.?

Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Need a consultation

With a HTN expert such as cardiologist or nephrologist .
..Additional testing may be indicated to rule out things like pheochromocytoma or renal artery stenosis.

In brief: Need a consultation

Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Alan Zunamon
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Common issue

Many people require 3 or more medications.
Diuretic needs to be at least one of them. It takes a lot of patience on the part of they physician and patient to find the right combination. Despite that many people may need further testing to exclude other conditions that make medications less effective.

In brief: Common issue

Dr. Alan Zunamon
Dr. Alan Zunamon
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology