Does colon cancer ever occur in young people?

Yes. In certain hereditary disorders such as familial polyposis, colon cancer can occur at a relatively young age.
Yes. The youngest patient I treated was 17 at diagnosis. Very, very uncommon. Because of the rarity, before I treated him, I had him see a colleague of mine at Mayo clinic. Unfortunately, he did not survive. You have to realize that this is very uncommon. Hope this helps.
Yes. Even sporadic, non familial cases have been reported in young people in their 20's, 30's and 40's. If in doubt about a symptom get an expert evaluation and recommendation.