Hi, blood test results back and my globulin levels are 37g/l and believe this is above range- what can it mean? My albumin levels are 38g/l

Dr. Kenneth Smith

In brief: Globulins

Globulins are essentially circulation proteins representing antibodies can be elevated by infection both viral and bacterial .
Allergy can elevate. Liver disease also. Protein electrophoresis can discriminate and identify disease. Disease states that that are more serious such as multiple myeloma not very common at your age.

In brief: Globulins

Dr. Kenneth Smith
Dr. Kenneth Smith
Pathology

In brief: Insufficient info

There are many components in the fraction called globulin and you need serum protein electrophoresis and may be immunofixation to resolve the identity of the protein that is increased.

In brief: Insufficient info

Dr. Marsha Davis