I am going to have the tif procedure any advise before or after surgery? I have been having a lot of burning and chest pain with the gerd..

Follow instructions. Tif is an excellent anti reflux surgery. Make sure to follow the diet and don't overeat. It's very important to not vomit for the first six weeks after surgery. You should be pleased with your results and most of my patients end up losing 10 -15 pounds, which is an added bonus.
I would reconsider! Gerd/reflux/indigestion are all caused by a complex array of issues. Imo can't really be fixed by surgery. See my other answers. Check your other meds, they may be aggravating the problem. Lack of serotonin in the brain can disrupt smooth muscle functioning and cause gut problems. So an ssri, anti-anxiety or antidepressant will allow the muscles to coordinate in swallowing. Try l-glutamine.