Do I really need to not eat anything at all before my colonoscopy, or are a few bites of jell-o okay?

Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Stay hydrated

Stay hydrated and follow the instructions given to you by your doctor. Failing to drink all of the prep solution and eating will lead to low quality colonoscopy.

In brief: Stay hydrated

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Maybe

To be safe ask your endoscopist and /or the anesthesiologist if one is involved in your procedure.
But ask days before your procedure to be sure you don't jeopardize their ability to perform the test or the quality of the test.Dont ask on the morning of the procedure!

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Vicken Poochikian