I had a surgery on my right side to remove scar tissue and also ended up with appendix removed. I have 3rd stage COPD . How long before feeling better?

Dr. David Cooke
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Depends on surgery

It really depends on the amount of surgery you had.
Was it lung surgery? Surgery on the chest? Pain usually gets better with time, but it could be 6months to a year before you "forget" you ever had surgery. If pain persits for more than 3-4 weeks where it affects you activities of daily living, then discuss with your surgeon.

In brief: Depends on surgery

Dr. David Cooke
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. Daya Nadarajah
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Few days

The surgery on the appendix should not interfere with the copd.
The pain may be a limiting faster with the breathing.Conitinue with your regular meds and deep breath.

In brief: Few days

Dr. Daya Nadarajah
Dr. Daya Nadarajah
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau

In brief: Tough

You need to see a lung specialist! hopefully you will improve quickly.
Useful medications include spiriva, symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) and daliresp. Check with your doc asap.

In brief: Tough

Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Adam Smith