What can I expect in the first few hours after a home birth?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Please ask the perso

Person who did your delivery as that person should have told u what to expect and problems to call about ! if you have not delivered yet please don't do that at home- this is the year 2013, not 1813, and I have seen many horrible things happen because of home birth that could have been prevented in the hospital! no one can predict the future , do not take a chance with your baby or u!

In brief: Please ask the perso

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Tahir Chauhdry

In brief: Be Patient

I commend you for having a home delivery.
I hope everything went well. You may experience some vaginal bleeding and contractions. Take 800mg of Motrin and get some rest. If there are any serious issues, you should contact your health care provider.

In brief: Be Patient

Dr. Tahir Chauhdry
Dr. Tahir Chauhdry
Dr. Cindy Juster