What is the best treatment for gynecomastia (male breasts)?

Gynecomastia. Enlarged male breasts can come from a number of different causes. Before any treatment can be done, you must first have a complete physical exam and may need bloodwork to rule out hormonal issues. There are a number of medications that can also cause gynecomastia. Once all medical reasons are ruled out, one may consider treatment. You should seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon.
Gynecomastia . Gynecomastia is male breast enlargement due to glandular over growth. Generally the fibrous glandular tissue is not amenable to suction removal. Breast enlargement caused by fatty deposits may be removed by suction techniques. You must be examined and counseled by someone you feel comfortable talking to. Male breast cancer occurs in 1% of all breast cancers, so one sided enlargement should not be ignored.
Surgery Helpful. I have found that gynecomastia, if persistent, is often best treated with partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area. If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposuction surgery alone may suffice. For patients with excess skin, common after weight loss, skin excision may also be necessary.
Gynecomastia Care. . Typically liposuction is used to correct gynecomastia. If there is also a lot of loose skin often this is also removed. Occasionally if their is firm redundant breast tissue it is surgically removed. See a board certified plastic surgeon.
Surgery. Get apropper examination to understand the cause. Weight loss will rarely make difference. In most people surgery is the treatment.
Surgery is standard. Gynecomastia that persists past puberty is traditionally treated with surgery. This is typically observed and will resolve in an estimated 60-80% of male when it occurs during adolescence and puberty. When it does not resolve, liposuction may help but usually the firm dense breast tissue must be excised to produce a significant difference. If obese, wieght loss back to an ideal bmi may help.