What is the suturing technique called for shoulder arthroscopy?

Dr. Vivek Agrawal
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Many Options

You may find it interesting that many devices are available that allow surgeons to perform shoulder repairs without tying knots or suturing.
Most good studies that compare the two find that tying knots and suturing results in much better healing so i would recommend you ask your surgeon about this instead...Do you use knotless anchors or do you place sutures and tie knots? How many have you done?

In brief: Many Options

Dr. Vivek Agrawal
Dr. Vivek Agrawal
Dr. Allen Lu
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Many

The suturing technique first depends on the type of repair being performed (rotator cuff repair, labral repair, slap repair), then depends more on recreating the original anatomy.
There are so many suturing techniques that most of them do well as long as they restore anatomy. Most of them have fancy names, but the goals are all the same.

In brief: Many

Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Charles Toman
Sports Medicine

In brief: Technique varies

I believe and utilize a double row repair of the rotator cuff.
This provides excellent fixation and multiple redundant stitches. The way i see it, i one stitch or anchor fails, I have several others that can make up for it. Thank you.

In brief: Technique varies

Dr. Charles Toman
Dr. Charles Toman