Are there diets that can stop the progression of Crohn's disease and stop me from needing more surgery?

Probably not. Crohn's disease can have a variable course, but diet alone will not change the course, but rather may change the severity of flares when they occur. I would avoid milk products and very high fiber doiets during a flair and be sure to drink plenty of sport drinks to maintian your fluids and electrolytes.
Micronutrients. Selective immunsuppression with Remicade (infliximab) and steroids is a basic tenet of medical therapy for crohn's and ulcerative colitis. Micronutrient deficiencies are relatively new and include replacing and monitoring for vit d3, vit a, zinc, and several other vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Bile binders/questran and avoiding fats can be helpful. Many are helped by avoiding gluten. Good luck.